Sunday, December 30, 2012

KOMBUCHA GREEN SMOOTHIES WITH MY NINJA MEGA PRO 1500W

Blending my Kombucha Green Smoothie with my Ninja Mega
Kitchen System Pro 1500W.  

Good morning everyone, and Happy New Years Eve to you  all.  I  pray and HOPE you make the best out of this new year!  Anway with that... I just made this tangy Kombucha Green Smoothie drink.  What I like about this recipe is, there are no set rules.  What I had on hand is what I used.   Adding homemade kombucha has made it so much more alive with it's probiotics.  What can I say, for me, probiotics and solulable fiber found in vegetables has helped me so much in my recovery to wellness, and a 50 lb. weight loss without dieting is just a plus!  I just add drinks like this and other probiotics foods to my daily diet  (See my blog, "What Probiotics Have Done For Me, part 1, 2. if interested)  Anyway for me, as long as it is green and alive, I am a happy camper.


 Well it's breakfast time and usually I don't go big on breakfast early in the morning.  I will save the heavier meal for brunch, lunch or dinner.  However I feel the need for energy now.  What better way to wake up every thread in your body with with some homemade kombucha, a beautiful green salad, seeds, and some fruit.  Only problem is I have a busy morning schedule and don't have time to sit and properly chew a salad in the morning.  That's great if you do but most folks don't have time or take time to properly feed your body REAL NUTRITION so early in the morning.

I turned simple green salad turned into a liquid
smootie to get all the nutritional benefits
I could HOPE for.  See Brenda Watson
on PBS.  She's so full of HOPE.
Taking the time to chew you food is so important for proper digestion, and better nutritional absorbtion.  Take the tiny but powerful sesame seed or flaxseed.  We know they are very good for us as they are loaded with calcium, protein, and omega 3's.  However the shell of the seed is so hard, it's just fiber if we don't chew it to breakdown the nutrition.  They are so tiny they either get swallowed whole by eating fast, or caught between your teeth.  Right?  Also, it works only if you have the teeth to chew right? Listen up seniors! The whole seed gets passed right out without any nutrition being absorbed.  What a waste of money.  Non GMO seeds can get quite pricey too.  Well anyway, lucky me I have my Ninja 1500W,  However, my son has the Ninja Pulse  and it does the same to help breakdown those tiny nutty seeds. Enough said, let's get busy.


I just made this tangy Kombucha Green Smoothie drink.  What I like about this recipe is, there are no set rules.  What I had on hand is what I used for my Kombucha Green Smoothie.  Adding homemade kombucha (see my blog on how to make homemade kombucha) to my drink has made it so much more alive with it's probiotics.  As long as it is green and alive, I am a happy camper.

Ingredients:  Remember no rules
Actually this 16 oz. single serve can
serve two 8 oz glasses.
  • Kombucha GT, 1/4-1/2 cup  (Can use water, or juice)
  • Green Organic baby Arugela, washed.  1/2 cup
  • Green Apple, 1/3 (any kind)
  • Mango, one slice
  • Cabbage heart, small slice 
  • Ginger, 1/2-1 inch slice
  • Celery, 1/2 stalk
  • Flax seeds,  1-2 teaspoons
  • Sesame seeds, 1-2 teaspoons
  • Tumeric, 1 teaspoon
  • Water to max fill line
Instructions:
  • Put all ingredients in the blender
  • Add water to Max fill line and close carefully.  The good thing about the Ninja is if it is not closed properly and tight, the machine will not start.
  • Blend with SEVERAL SHORT PULSES then  a few long pulses until desired smoothness is obtained.  Make sure the seeds are ground up well.  It might take a minute...or two.
Now that you have this recipe, I feel great.  I just drank up, to my health and feel like I had a jump start today.  Nice:)  It's so easy to make.  No need to spend a lot of money elsewhere, when you can get this wonderful Kombucha Green Smoothie right at home.  I might add, that that it has all the ingredients one can "HOPE" for.  Brenda Watson a world known natural health practitioner who I heard on tv's PBS station said "for optimal health we must have HOPE".  HOPE stands for...

H... High Fiber    (check)   Solulable fiber in fruits, vegetables, and oats, etc.
O... Omega 3's    (check)   Nuts, fish, and healthy oils
P...  Probiotics    (check)   Kombucha, kifers, and yogurts, as well as fermented foods
E...  Enzymes      (check)  Raw foods.

Please join me on this journey into wellness, by trying a few of the recipes I have posted here on my blogs. Feel free to share whatever you like. If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.  If you don't like the taste try adding another fruit or veggie until you do find what works for you.  Just don't give up.  After all, there is HOPE.  So till the next, Many Blessings to all, and again Happy New Year.

Sincerely,

Mary Helen

2 comments:

  1. Yum!! I subbed orange for the apple and have no cabbage, also used a baby herb blend instead of just arugula makes this sweet and savory delishesness in a glass!! Thank you for helping find more ways to consume komucha!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy, Oh baby herb blend is one of my favorites! I just use whatever I have on hand. Have you tried the tangy sauerkraut (probiotic) and kombucha? So very tasty. Sort of like a zesty V8 but 10X better. The sauerkraut is homemade and I have that recipe here since homemade sauerkraut is very probiotic.

      Thanks so much for sharing your comment:) P. S. Did I mention, I put parsley in almost everything. Just a tsp fresh or dried does wonders without changing the taste.

      Delete